We got four Chris's (what are the odds!), and a couple non-Chris's on this one! This panel breaks down some of the details of drones in archaeology we haven't covered before on this show. Dr. Sally Applin's research specifically focuses on the "sociability" of drones in human environments. We tackle the legal, ethical, and social hurdles to effective drone implementation and ultimately question if it's all worth it.
- CoDA Digital Training
- FAA Part 107
- FAA UAS Registry
- Book: "The Future of Drone Use: Opportunities and Threats from Ethical and Legal Perspectives
- "Managing Multiple Multiplexed PolySocial Drones: The Amazon Drone Dream" with Sally Applin.
- "New Technologies and Mixed-Use Convergence - How Humans and Algorithms are Adapting to Each Other" with Sally Applin, et. al.
- "Resolving Multiplexed Automotive Communications" by Sally Applin and Michael Fischer
- Drone Law Today Podcast
- Tesla Autopilot Wrecks, Injuring Driver
- Sally Applin - Twitter (@anthropunk)
- Chris Blair
- Chris Hipwood
- Matthew Whitten