Today we talk with Dr. Stacy Dunn about her chapter in Jeb's upcoming book, Lost City, Found Pyramid. Her chapter is entitled "Witches, Shamans, and Looters: Alternative Uses and Contemporary Ritual Reuse of Archaeological Remains in the North-Central Coast of Peru".
We talk about the interesting and unfortunate looting practices in Peru, the reasons behind them, and the cultural implications that surround them. We discuss how Archaeology might be contributing to the looting and the supernatural reasons behind it.
- Lost City, Found Pyramid, editied by Jeb Card Due out in Spetember, order your copy now!
- Stealing History: Tomb Raiders, Smugglers, and the Looting of the Ancient World by Roger Atwood
- Trafficking Culture
- Holy Week looting *in Spanish*
- Email us at ArchyFantasies@gmail.com
- Follow us on Twitter at @Archyfantasies and find us on FaceBook.
Theme Music by ArcheopSoup Productions
Edited by Chris Webster