This episode Jeb and Sara talk about Homo floresiensis affectionately known as Hobbits, and Liang-Bua Cave. What do we know about H. floresiensis, how has this discovery been represented by the media, and why are these tinny hominids being represented as cannibals by Animal Planet?
- 3D interactive map of Liang-Bua Cave
- Homo floresiensis-like fossils from the early Middle Pleistocene of Flores
- Age and context of the oldest known hominin fossils from Flores
- Revised stratigraphy and chronology for Homo floresiensis at Liang Bua in Indonesia
- Homo floresiensis Remains Unique, Valid Species
- A Critical Evaluation of the Down Syndrome Diagnosis for LB1, Type Specimen of Homo floresiensis
- Is 'The Cannibal In the Jungle' A True Story? Animal Planet's New Movie Combines Legend & Archaeology
- Dr. Timothy Darrow
- Email us at ArchyFantasies@gmail.com
- Follow us on Twitter at @Archyfantasies and find us on FaceBook.
Theme Music by ArcheopSoup Productions
Edited by Chris Webster