Today's show is a special episode all about Field Schools. Now is the time that thousands of people are trying to figure out what field school they should take over the summer. Should it be for fun? Should it be practical? Should you go abroad even though you're going into CRM? What should you learn? What shouldn't you learn?
We've compiled a panel of experts to help you through the process. Our special guest R. Joe Brandon will tell us about the field school guide that he posts every year on the Shovelbums website.
- Baking Pot Site
- Belize Valley Archaeological Reconnaissance Project (BVAR)
- Maya Research Program
- Voyage of the Mimi
- River Street Digital History Project
- Shovelbums Field School Guide
- Go Dig A Hole Blog
- Random Acts of Science Blog (Shovelbums Posts)
- Succinct Research
- Archaeology Fieldwork site
- Field Archaeologist's Survival Guide: Getting a Job and Working in CRM
Follow our panelists on Twitter:
- Bill White: Succinct Research
- Russell Alleen-Willems: Diachronic Design
- Doug Rocks-MacQueen: Doug’s Archaeology
- Serra Head: Archy Fantasies
- Stephen Wagner: Process - Opinions on Doing Archaeology
- Ashley Morton: Online Portfolio
- Chris Webster: Random Acts of Science
Thanks for listening and we’ll see you in the field!!