We spend this episode talking about the recent case from Washington State where three university professors were charged with several counts related to allegedly taking artifacts from several sites without proper permits. The outcome of this case could change the way the Forest Service writes and enforces ARPA permits for all archaeologists. We'll be watching this one closely.
What do you think? Were they wrong, right? What would you do?
- Article from the Waitsburg Times in Washington State
- Antiquities Act
- Book: Avoiding Archaeological Disasters
- Kennewick Man
- Article about grave desecration
- Sacred Sites Article
Follow our panelists on Twitter:
- Bill White: Succinct Research
- Russell Alleen-Willems: Diachronic Design
- Doug Rocks-MacQueen: Doug’s Archaeology
- Serra Head: Archy Fantasies
- Stephen Wagner: Process - Opinions on Doing Archaeology
- Ashley Morton: Online Portfolio
- Chris Webster: Random Acts of Science