It's hard to believe that it has been two years since we started this podcast! We hope you enjoy our reminiscing over our favorite episodes and our hopes for the podcast in the future.
On this episode, the hosts return to one of their favorite topics - the amazing women who have helped make archaeology the field it is. We'll talk about some of our personal heroes, women who definitely don't get enough credit, and how archaeological drawing is super hard and becoming somewhat of a lost art.
Today the panel discusses their essential field gear, How to Go in the field, what to do about Flo, and basic first-aid training and essentials.
- Go Girl
- The Complete Guide to Female Urination Devices
- Diva Cup
- Thinx Period Panties
- Top 10 Period Panties – Reviewed! The Missing Link for Complete Peace of Mind!
- I Used THINX Underwear With No Backup For 3 Periods & Here's What I Discovered
- REI Women's Hiking Clothing
- Wilderness First Aid - WFA
- WILDERNESS MEDICINE ACTIVITIES
On Today's episode, the hosts talk about the history of women in archaeology, influential figures, and their all-time favorite barrier breaking women of the field.
Today the panel discusses the upcoming election and the impacts it's having on women in the field, and could potentially have on Archaeology itself.
- Trump Holds Stock in Dakota Access Pipeline
- History tells us what may happen next with Brexit & Trump
- How Trumps Wall Would Trample Hundreds of Archaeological Sites
- The Editors’ Note: Anthropology in an Election Year
- Sexism Is Out In The Open In The 2016 Campaign. That May Have Been Inevitable
Today the panel interviews Alan Kaiser, author of "Archaeology, Sexism, and Scandal: The Long-Suppressed Story of One Woman's' Discoveries and the Man Who Stole Credit for Them." We talk with him about his discovery of Mary Ross Ellingson and her dissertation, and the fight he went through to get her story published.
- Archaeology, Sexism, and Scandal: The Long-Suppressed Story of One Woman's Discoveries and the Man Who Stole Credit for Them by Alan Kaiser
- Fans of the Women in Archaeology podcast can order Archaeology, Sexism, and Scandal directly through Rowman & Littlefield at https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781442230033 for a 30% discount. Use promotion code 4F14KAIS at checkout for 30% off the list price.
Today the panel discuses why they created the show and what they hope to give and get out of it. They also discuss the importance of breaking preset expectations about a show with word Women in it is about.