Today we talk about the mysterious Gungywamp located in Connecticut. We examine the similarities between it and other sites like Mystery Hill aka American Stonehenge. Why makes the Gungywamp so strange? Is it ley lines, spirits, mystical energies of the ancient celts?
- Atlas Obscura - Gungywamp
- Interpreting the Gungywamp: Evidence & Implications of an Irish Early Christian Papar Provenience (PPT slides)
- Evidence of a Native American Solar Observatory on Sunset Hill Massachusetts in Gloucester, by Mary Ellen Lepionka and Mark Carlotto
- Gungywamp: A Review of the Major Theories By Mary Gage & James Gage
- Unexplained Phenomena At Mysterious Ancient Gungywamp – Is It A Gateway To A Parallel Reality?
- Barnum Museum
- Adrian block - Connecticut river
- History of deforestation and reforestation in Connecticut.
- A discussion of agriculture in Connecticut. A listing of the crops cultivated by European settlers begins on page 307. Settlers begin with corn, but then quickly shift to European crops (oats, rice, and wheat) and livestock.
- An investigation of a sheep farm nearby and similar to Gungywamp:
- Vermont’s Stone Chambers by Giovanna Neudorfer. A comprehensive look at the stone chambers of Vermont.
- Gungywamp is located on private land. The land owner (the YMCA) allows guided tours of the property by the Denison Pequotsepus Nature Center. For a virtual tour and contact information about tours see
- Email us at ArchyFantasies@gmail.com
- Follow us on Twitter at @Archyfantasies and find us on FaceBook.
- Theme Music by ArcheopSoup Productions