Today we are examining the Copper Culture Myth that has recently experienced a revival due to popular media. We discuss the origins of the myth, look at particular aspects of it, like over 1.5 billion pounds of copper missing, and decide what evidence we would need to actually consider that Michigan copper fueled the Bronze age in Europe.
- Graham Hancock has a huge post on it on his website, it's not authored by him.
- The Ancient Artifact Preservation Society. You really need to dig around on their site. But their main motive is to promote alternative history as fact. They are huge supporters of the whole Copper Culture myth.
- This is Jason and my own review of the AU episode that has revived this myth.
- This is the best take down of the whole copper culture myth. It's written by Susan R. Martin in 1995, but it still holds today.
- And lastly, this is the link to the actual Copper Culture Mounds State Park
Email us at ArchyFantasties@gmail.com
Follow us on Twitter at @Archyfantsies and find us on FaceBook.
Theme Music by ArcheopSoup Productions