Maxime Lamoureux-St. Hilaire (PhD candidate, Tulane) joins this episode of the Go Dig a Hole podcast to share lessons from the ancient Maya. He introduces a "pragmatic" model of governance - both in physical and symbolic structures. This topical and timely discussion of politics on a macro scale bears haunting echoes of present situations in the global sociopolitical sphere. In many ways, human civilization hasn't really come that far...
Maxime Lamoureux-St. Hilaire would like to thank Drs. Marcello Canuto (Tulane) and Tomas Barrientos (Universidad del Valle de Guatemala) for having him on their long-term project, and for their support of his research.
If you enjoy Go Dig a Hole, please sponsor an episode, or advertise your organization or business on the show. See APN's support page here.
- Proyecto Regional Arqueológico La Corona
- Proyecto Regional Arqueológico La Corona (Facebook)
- Wilk, Richard (1985) Ancient Maya in the Political Present
- Lowrey, Annie (2017) Why the Phrase 'Late Capitalism' is Suddenly Everywhere
- Annual Maya at the Lago conference
- David Stuart's blog, Ancient Decipherment
- Contact Maxime Lamoureux-St. Hilaire by email email@example.com