Interested in learning about archaeology or working at a fantastic site? Then a field school might be just the thing! Whether you want an extended working vacation, are starting your career, or are trying to figure out whether you chose the right major, an archaeology field school could be the answer. April and Chris talk about what to expect out of a field school, who can go, where they happen, and how much they cost.
I today's show we talk to Dr. Jonathan Marks about his latest publication, "Is Science Racist?". If science is racist, what can we do as citizens and scientists to combat that ideology? What can we do to rid science of it's racism? It's a complicated problem and we hope this starts some conversations.
On today's show we talk to Carol Ellick about an article she wrote in the November 2016 edition of SAA Advances in Archaeological Practice about the cultural history of public education in archaeology. How far have we come, have we had an impact on public awareness, and where do we go from here?
- Society for American Archaeology
- Public Resources
- Article: A Cultural History of Public Education, Advances in Archaeological Practice 4(4), 2016, pp 425-440 (Behind a paywall. Use your SAA account to see the article)
- Passport in Time - USFS
- Project Archaeology
- The Heritage Education Network
- Society for Historical Archaeology
- Archaeological Institute of America
- Time Team America
- PCS Resources Page