On today's episode we talk about whether you should wear headphones in the field. And, if you do, what you should wear! We even include a few gear reviews for you, including the Apple AirPods - quite possibly the best field headphones (Webster's opinion). As always, ask your company's representative about their headphone policy before you decide to use them.
On today's episode we talk to Dr. Doug Scott about his team's experiments with historic firearms. They conducted live fire exercises to determine a number of things about the historic weapons and tried to link those results back to the archaeological record, not only to determine the accuracy of the historical record, but, to determine the accuracy of archaeological interpretations.
- Report: Colonial Era Firearm Bullet Performance: A Live Fire Experimental Study for Archaeological Interpretation
- Academia.edu version: Colonial Era Firearm Bullet Performance: A Live Fire Experimental Study for Archaeological Interpretation
- Chris Webster - @archeowebby (Twitter and Snapchat)
- Chris Sims - @godigahole (Twitter and Instagram)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
On today's episode we welcome back Chris Cameron of Field Technologies, Inc. to talk about his latest project - an app that will identify a projectile point from a photograph. This is pretty exciting work and could make some waves across the country as we start to analyze points across the continent rather than in our own small areas.
- ArchaeoTech Episode 8 with Chris Cameron
- Plant Net
- Email Chris Points:
App of the Day
- Text "Resist" to 50409 (standard SMS rates may apply)
- SanDisk Connect Drive App
On today's episode we talk about the science behind the reported discovery of a 130,000 year old mastodon near San Diego, California. Why is science literacy important? What can we learn from the reactions of others? And, what makes the Nature Letter compelling?
- Go Dig A Hole Episode about the March For Science
- 130k-Year-Old Arch Site with Dr. Steven Holen
Michael Ashley and Tom Noble join the show to talk about photogrammetry. They discuss equipment, workflows, and limitations, as well as the way forward. Info on photogrammetry workshops are discussed in this show, and included in the show notes.