Drones are here to stay in CRM Archaeology. Archaeologist Bill Whitehead of SWCA in New Mexico talks about how they're using drones and other technology to enhance the products they can return to customers and increase the accuracy of their maps. At some point in the near future we're going to see a requirement for an FAA Part 107 UAS license on a job advertisement. No is the time to start learning about these so you aren't left in the dust later on.
Chris Sims and Chris Webster make it no secret they're on the Codifi team. Codifi founder, Michael Ashley, joins the show to reflect on Codifi's reception at the 82nd Annual Meeting of the Society for American Archaeology in Vancouver, BC.
Today we bring Dr. Michael Ashley back on to finally discuss Codifi, the revolutionary site recording and project management application that we're developing for use in archaeology and environmental science. We also talk about a few apps that will improve your life, and your lifestyle. Seriously.
- HABS/HAER - LOC: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/hh/
- JVRP: http://www.jezreelvalleyregionalproject.com
- Amache: https://portfolio.du.edu/amache
- DMNS: http://www.dmns.org/science/research/anthropology/
- Center for Digital Archaeology: www.codifi.org
- Benefit Corporation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benefit_corporation
- Mukurtu: http://mukurtu.org
- Michael’s email: email@example.com
- ArchaeoTech on Google Play Podcasts: https://play.google.com/music/m/Ivuptgzxq4pl6plbk2ik3bmb4t4?t=ArchaeoTech_Podcast_-_Archa
Apps of the Day
Contact the Hosts
On today's episode we tackle listener questions from Twitter! We talk about everything from drones to carbon fiber screens to LiDAR and everything in-between. If you've got a question or a topic suggestion, tweet it to @archpodnet and we'll talk about it on the show!
- DJI Inspire
- DJI Phantom 4
- Kentucky Geo Portal