THIS IS A TRIGGER WARNING: During the last 10 minutes of this podcast we will be discussing some field situations that may be disturbing, even traumatizing, to some people. If you feel the need to step away during part of this discussion, either for a short time or for the remainder of the podcast, feel free to do so.
Today the crew tackles a heavy subject: substance abuse and addiction in archaeology. It’s a problem in CRM archaeology for legal, behavioral, and performance issues. We discuss factors that lead to alcohol and drug abuse, and suggest supportive behavior.
RESOURCES FOR HELP
- US National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
Follow our panelists on Twitter:
- Bill White: Succinct Research
- Doug Rocks-MacQueen: Doug’s Archaeology
- Stephen Wagner: Process - Opinions on Doing Archaeology
- Chris Sims: Go Dig A Hole
- Chris Webster: Random Acts of Science