Mezolith is a graphic novel set loosely in the Mesolithic period (with shades of the Palaeolithic) somewhere in northern Europe. Written by Ben Haggarty, a storyteller steeped in legends of many cultures, which all come through in the book, and drawn by Adam Brockbank, an artist who has worked on X-Men and the Harry Potter films, it packs a punch stylistically but does the content match? Guests helping us decide this are Matt Ritchie from the Forestry Commission Scotland, John Swogger, archaeological comic artist and Erin Kavanagh, geomythologist and poet.
- Link to Mezolith and Mezolith 2
- Information about the Vedbaek swan's wing burial
- Article about gender equality in hunter-gatherer groups
- Fishing spear found in Denmark featured in Mezolith
- Legend of Wayland the Smith used in Mezolith