Today we discuss the recent CBC episode of The Nature of Things titled Ice Bridge. We're revisiting the Solutrean Hypothesis as it's put forward by the CBC show, and have Jennifer Raff with us to discuss Haplogroup X.
- CBC under fire for documentary that says first humans to colonize New World sailed from Europe. National Post.com. Jan 11 2018
- DNA in Archaeology with Jennifer Raff. ArchyFantasies.
- The Solutrean Hypothesis – ArchyFantasies Episode 31.
- DNA in Archaeology with Jennifer Raff – Episode 50.
- Review of Across Atlantic Ice: The Origins of America’s Clovis Culture by Dennis J. Stanford and Bruce A. Bradley.
Raff, J. A., & D. A. Bolnick
- 2015 Does Mitochondrial Haplogroup X Indicate Ancient Trans-Atlantic Migration to the Americas? A Critical Re-Evaluation.297–304.
- Archaeological Fantasies and the genetic history of the Americas. Violent Metaphors.
- On thin ice: problems with Stanfordand Bradley’s proposed Solutrean colonisation of North America
- Director defends documentary that claims Europeans could have been 1st humans in North America.
- Jennifer Raff at the Guardian
- Email us at ArchyFantasies@gmail.com
- Follow us on Twitter at @Archyfantasies and find us on FaceBook.
- Theme Music by ArcheoSoup Productions