On today’s episode, Doug and Russell interview Chris Cameron, founder of Field Technologies, Inc. about his app business and running businesses while on the road as a traveling archaeologist. There is a MBA’s worth of advice in this episode and it can be helpful no matter what you’re planning to do, or are doing, with your life.
Russell and Doug chat with Eric Kansa and Sarah Whitcher Kansa, the husband and wife archaeologist team behind the data publication tool "OpenContext" about data sharing in archaeology, the culture of archaeologists, White House awards, and more!
- Alexandria Archive Institute
- OpenContext Data Publication Website
- OpenRefine Data Cleaning Tool
- PlusOne Article from OpenContext Dataset: "Data Sharing Reveals Complexity in the Westward Spread of Domestic Animals across Neolithic Turkey"
Comment and Rate
- Stitcher: ArchaeoTech Podcast
- Russell Alleen-Willems,
Russell and Doug talk again with Stu Eve, of the project "Dead Men's Eyes" project, who is researching ways to merge the digital and physical worlds in presenting heritage and archaeology sites using tools like digital reconstructions, embodied GIS, and Arduino microcomputers.
Stu's Twitter Account: @Stueve
Comment and Rate
Today on the show Doug and Russell talk with Dan Garcia, a cultural resource management (CRM) archaeologist from Arizona, about his work with GIS and Digital Databases in the field as a project manager. Dan also gives us his archaeology nerd origin story and advice for students who want to work in CRM archaeology.
- EcoPlan Associates
- Geographic Information System (GIS) Software
- Adobe Illustrator
- Federated Archaeological Information Management System (FAIMS)
- FileMaker/Filemaker Go
- John Walldrodt Tutorial/PARAPS Pompeii database
- Kaxob, Belize/Boston University Archaeology Project