We get all the Chrises (and Matthew Whitten) back together, this time to talk about which particular drones and tech packages work, and lessons learned in deploying drones for archaeological research.
Michael Ashley, founder of Codifi, joins this episode to talk about all the new things coming from this company. Chris Webster and Christopher Sims announce their involvement with Codifi, and the whole crew talks about doing better digital archaeology and going completely paperless.
- CRM Archaeology Podcast: Live from GBAC 2016
- Codifi Ideas Portal
- Codifi on Facebook
Contact the Hosts
- Chris Webster - @archeowebby (Twitter and Snapchat)
- Chris Sims - @godigahole (Twitter and Instagram)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Russell and Doug chat with Eric Kansa and Sarah Whitcher Kansa, the husband and wife archaeologist team behind the data publication tool "OpenContext" about data sharing in archaeology, the culture of archaeologists, White House awards, and more!
- Alexandria Archive Institute
- OpenContext Data Publication Website
- OpenRefine Data Cleaning Tool
- PlusOne Article from OpenContext Dataset: "Data Sharing Reveals Complexity in the Westward Spread of Domestic Animals across Neolithic Turkey"
Comment and Rate
- Stitcher: ArchaeoTech Podcast
- Russell Alleen-Willems,