On today's episode we bring on two Wisconsin archaeologists to talk about the proposed AB620 bill that will basically allow land owners to test mounds for human remains and de-list them from the Wisconsin Historical Society's list if there are none found. Then, they will likely be able to destroy them. It's an important issue for Wisconsin and the entire mid-west, or, anywhere with a similar problem. Please comment below if you have some input on this issue.
- Wisconsin Underwater Archeology Association
- Wisconsin Historical Society
- Wingra Stone Company, Effigy Mounds, and Property Rights
- Study Committee on the Preservation of Burial Sites
- Eminent Domain
- Next meeting is September 8th
- Effigy Mounds Initiative Facebook Page